Last updated August 28, 2018
Palace Skateboards Limited (“Palace Skateboards,” “us”, “we” and “our”) is committed to protecting the privacy of those who use, and order products on, our Website.
What types of information do you collect?
We collect both "Personal Information" and "Anonymous Information" about our users. Personal Information is information that can be used to contact or identify you, such as your full name, email address, phone number and payment method, as well as information that is linked to such information. Anonymous Information is information that cannot be used to contact or identify you and is not linked to information that can be used to do so. It includes passively collected information about your activities on the Website and Service, to the extent that information is not linked to your Personal Information.
Website visitors can access and browse certain portions of the Website without disclosing Personal Information, although, like most website providers, we passively collect certain information from your devices, such as your IP address, browser information and/or unique device identifier (“UDID”). Please note that you can choose not to provide us with certain information, but this may limit the features of the Website you can access and use.
What data do you collect from me?
When you use our Website, we may collect data in the following ways:
- Data you submit to us. You may provide us with Data about yourself
from time to time, such as when purchasing an item, or by communicating with us (for example to request information about, or report a problem with, our Website or our products). This data may include Personal Information such as your name, address, e-mail, phone number and payment details.
- Technical data we collect from you
Technical data, about your device and your visit, which is generated when you use our Website, will be collected by us. This may include:
- Device data: we may collect Data regarding the type of device or platform (such as a computer or mobile device) used by you to access our Website. This can include Data about the device itself, its operating system, the web-browser type and version you use and your browser language and plug-ins. Additional Data may be collected when you access our Website from a mobile device, for example Data relating to your mobile network, device and telephone
- Location data: your use of our Website may generate geographical Data, such as the location or time zone of a device or IP
- Log data about your visit: use of our Website automatically generates Data about your unique visit. This can include uniform resource locators (URLs), Data about your internet service provider, the number and timing of clicks to and from our Website content; which products you view; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction data (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service
- Data about your interactions: our Website may provide you with the opportunity to interact with website content in certain ways, such as by sharing on social media. These interactions create Data, for example, the contents of a post or comment, or whether a story was shared using a particular social media
How and why do you use my Data?
We respect and protect the privacy of your Data, and it will only be used as necessary for the purposes set out below.
- Data you submit to us.
We may use this Data in order to:
- take and fulfill customer orders for products;
- process payment for your products;
- obtain credit authorisation from your card issuer;
- contact you with any queries about your order;
- optimise your experience when using our Website and allow you to use its interactive features;
- contact you with relevant information about us, our Website and our products. If you do not wish to receive such communications you can unsubscribe at any time;
- delete or anonymise your Data, and/or combine your Data with other Data we have
- Technical Data we collect
We may use this Data to:
- administer our Website and for our own troubleshooting, analysis, testing, research and statistical purposes;
- improve and optimise our Website and the way content is presented;
- keep our Website safe and secure;
- allow you to use interactive features of our Website;
- measure the effectiveness of advertising, and deliver relevant advertising which matches user interests and preferences;
- make suggestions about goods and services provided by us or third parties which may be of interest to you; and
- delete or anonymize your Personalize Information, and/or combine your Personal Information with other Personal Information we have collected.
- Data we receive from third parties
Data obtained from third parties may be used for the same purposes as Data you provide us or Data we collect, and may also be deleted or anonymised and/or combined with other Data we have collected.
Will you disclose my Data to third parties?
We may share and disclose Data we collect, including Personal Information, with the following third parties:
- our business partners, vendors, suppliers, consultants, payment processors, agents and sub-contractors - including without limitation, Shopify, which we use to power our online store - in order to provide our services (for example where we enter into agreements with third parties who provide services to us or on our behalf); and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement of our Website and the services we provide.
We may share and disclose Data we collect, including Personal Information, to third parties:
- if Palace Skateboards undergoes a change of control or any of its business or
- assets are sold or transferred (in which case we may disclose your data to the prospective seller or buyer);
- if Palace Skateboards or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Data held by us about our Website users will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your data in order to comply with any legal obligation or legal process (for example, a court order), to enforce or apply our contractual rights or any other agreement, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Palace Skateboards, our Website users, or others. This includes exchanging Data with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
We may also share aggregated anonymous information with others. “Aggregated Anonymous Information” is the combination of your Anonymous Information with the Anonymous Information of other users. Aggregated Anonymous Information does not allow you to be identified or contacted.
For how long do you store my Data?
How do you ensure my Data is secure?
We employ reasonable technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of Data and to protect your information from unauthorized access (and endeavor to only work with third parties who provide equivalent protections). However, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. We do our best to protect your Data, though we cannot guarantee the security of your Data transmitted to our Website and any transmission is at your own risk.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored "personal data" (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on the Website in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as it is consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
How can I update my Personal Information?
Your California Privacy Rights
California resident customers have a right to obtain (i) a list of the categories of Personal Information, such as name, address, email address, and the type of services provided to that individual, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and (ii) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, California residents can email us at email@example.com. We will respond to these requests within 30 days. Written requests may be sent to Palace Skateboards, 67/68 Hatton Garden, Suites 11/12, London, EC1N 8JY, UK. Requests for this information that come to us through other channels may result in a delayed response.
This Website is not directed to or intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit, collect or maintain information from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our Website is targeted to attract anyone under 13. We also do not send email correspondence to anyone who advises that they are under the age of 13. If we later obtain actual knowledge that a user is under 13 years of age, we will take steps to remove that user’s Personal Information from our systems. If you are the parent or guardian of a child whom you believe has disclosed Personal Information to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may delete and remove such information from our system.
A cookie is a computer file consisting of letters and numbers which is installed on your device when you visit a website and which allow our Website to recognise a user and retain that user’s preferences when they return. Cookies do not collect data, instead they serve to act as unique identifiers, or information caches, which can be used to identify a user’s preferences, settings or previous activity and which in turn enable website operators to provide an optimised, improved and more individualised browsing experience.
Use of our Website may also result in Local Shared Objects (LSOs), including ‘flash cookies’, being stored on your device. LSOs have a similar function to cookies, but are designed to function with specific applications (such as Adobe Flash Player). We may use local storage facilities in order to provide you with both online and offline functionality for our Website. For example, local storage may be used to store Website content on the device for access when the device is not connected to the internet.
Some internet browsers will temporarily store website data using a process known as ‘caching’. The creation of a website cache may improve loading speed and responsiveness and, in some cases, provide offline functionality. Most internet browsers support HTML 5 which permits website caching. Website caching typically requires greater storage capacity than cookies which, in turn, may provide greater improvements in speed and functionality.
Cookies distinguish you from other users of our Website. For example, we use them to keep track of the contents of your shopping cart once you have selected an item, to store delivery addresses if the address book is used. This allows us to optimise your individual browsing experience and improve our service to you. Our partners, including Shopify, Paypal and Google Analytics, drop cookies on your device when you browse our Website and make purchases.
How do I disable cookies?
While we recommend that you allow the installation of cookies on your browser or device when using our Website, you are not obliged to do so and you can choose to disable cookies and LSOs by adjusting the settings for your browser or device. You can also delete those which already exist using the settings on your browser and/or device (however, this may interfere with your use of our Website and adversely affect your browsing experience).
We use third party services, such as Google Analytics, to track and analyze online behavior data of users. These services may help inform, optimize, target and serve ads based your visits to our Website. We do this to better understand how you use the Website and Service, with a view to offering improvements for all users, and to tailor our business and marketing activities accordingly. If you would like to opt out of Google Analytics, please download and install the browser plugin at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. Users can also opt out of third party interest based advertising by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative’s deactivation website at www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.